- País fabricantePerú
vendo jengibre deshidratado en polvo disponibilidad todo el año, en bolsas de 25 kgs
Dry Ginger powder, Soonth powder
Dried ginger is nothing but fresh ginger, which has undergone a drying process. The fresh rhizomes are soaked in water overnight after which the outer peel is carefully removed using a knife or a peeler. They are washed again and then sun-dried on mats or barbecues for around a week. During this period, they are turned periodically. The end result is a pale white dried ginger. Many a times, dried ginger is bleached with calcium carbonate to get a whitish coating, but this is unnecessary and better avoided.
When this dried ginger is powdered in a mixer, we get dried ginger powder. It is a fine off-whitish powder, which has a strong aroma and slightly pungent flavour.
• Dried ginger powder is used in making spices and masalas, which are used in gravies, curries, marinades, stews etc.
• It is combined with cardamom, cinnamon, fennel and cloves to make tea masala, which is brewed along with tea to get a strong flavour.
• Dried ginger powder is used in Indian, specifically Punjabi marinades for Tandoori starters.
• It is commonly used to flavour gingerbreads.
• Dried ginger powder is also used in certain foods given to pregnant women and nursing mothers, such as Katlu, which is a mixture of gum resin, ghee, dried ginger powder, nuts and sugar.
• A special tea made out of dried ginger powder, it is a perfect drink for cold winter mornings, although many prefer it over coffee and tea in the summers too.
How to store
• Always store dried ginger powder in an airtight container in a cool and dry place, away from moisture.
• Dried ginger powder is an effective cure for indigestion, sore throat, cold and cough.
• It is used to treat nausea.
• Ginger's therapeutic properties help stimulate blood circulation, cleanse the bowels and kidneys, remove toxins from the body and nourish the skin.